- 200g (1⅓ cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- Island Berries Chocolate Sauce
- Double cream to serve
For greasing: soft butter
- For waffles, sift flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt, add oil, sherry, sugar and egg yolks, then stir to combine. Gradually add milk, whisking continuously, until a smooth batter forms.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into waffle batter.
- Heat a greased waffle iron on medium heat then cook ⅓ cupfuls of waffle batter at a time for 2 minutes, then turn waffle iron over and cook for another 2 minutes or until waffle is crisp and golden.
- Serve waffles immediately, top with double cream and drizzle with Island Berries Chocolate Sauce.